Thursday, December 21, 2006

When You Want Me, Sound Upon the Bugle-Horn


"I, to herd with narrow foreheads, vacant of our glorious gains,
Like a beast with lower pleasures, like a beast with lower pains!"

from Locksley Hall

This illustration is fairly literal: the beast on the left is experiencing some lower pleasure, while the beast on the right is experiencing some lower pain, both in the form of snakes attached to their wangs. As an afterthought, I threw in a few sheep with narrow foreheads that the beasts are expertly herding, but as far as I'm concerned they're just there for decoration. I made a half-hearted attempt to draw beasts of my own, but they were a total abortion, so when these guys came up on an image search I decided to run with them.

Allow me to offer my heartfelt apologies for the lack of updates--you will forgive me when I tell you that we're getting ready to move a few days after Christmas, because we are huge lunatics. Rather, Elegant Choice is a huge lunatic who drags me behind him like a rattling can. Also, remember that you still have eight days to submit Pig Entries, which could qualify you to win a hilarious prize and also to gain eternal esteem in my enormous eyes.

No comments: