Wednesday, January 24, 2007

This Should Stave Off Your Hunger for a Day or Two

Back! I spent most of my hiatus at the local Borders, trying to understand their "Books for Boys" and "Books for Girls" sections. Hint: the Harry Potter books are for girls, and the Little House on the Prairie books are for boys. Obviously.

I was unable to recover my indispensable notes, which mostly consisted of long cryptic columns like this:

IF RABIES TOOK HUMAN FORM

SALT FARM

COBRAS SPIT--MAYONNAISE?

JOWLY

SNARL, SNARL, MOO

so I have been like a dead-ownered dog for the last few days, but through many hours of painstaking reconstruction have managed to assemble a rough draft of the poem I was working on when the hard drive kicked it. However, many gems were no doubt lost. I'm glad I remembered that bit about the rabies, though. That one's going straight on the front cover.

3 comments:

Ana Božičević said...

I am relieved you remembered that bit.

Shafer said...

This thing is my new desktop background. I hope that's OK.

Patricia Lockwood said...

It is more than okay, it is encouraged.

Ana, do not be too joyful--an extended riff about rat-bite fever has been lost forever.