Monday, January 08, 2007

Look How It Nestles Between the Hocks!


...Anyway the cough drops
(a new brand) tasted pretty good--like catnip
or an orange slice that has lain on a girl's behind

--John Ashbery, "Redeemed Area"

Today's drawing comes courtesy of a self-proclaimed Secret Ninja named Moosiluake. Moosiluake writes: "Although I considered making the "redeemed area" directly visible in the attached photo, I wasn't sure if Blogger was ready for that kind of redemption. Also, doing an image search on Yahoo for that special redeemed area resulted in a number of results which I hope never, ever, ever to see again."

Look at that intelligent slice of orange--the woman is like a slot machine for it! This Secret Ninja seems to possess detailed and perhaps ill-gotten knowledge of all those things I love best, naked people and creative nicknames for genitalia being chief among them. Very mysterious, unless you are going to tell me that my love for those things in fact surfaces in my countenance like an obvious Nessie whenever I open my mouth to speak, in which case it is not very mysterious at all.

2 comments:

Richard Epstein said...

"The quality of whimsy is not strained. It falleth from Ashbery like the gentle rain—and it falleth on a lot of young poets now, students in the School of Goofball Poetics"
--William Logan

By the way, enticing as the picture is, I wonder whether that particular orange slice really has "lain" on the behind in question--it seems much too rampant for mere lying, oh, the tumescent orange.

Patricia Lockwood said...

You are so correct--it's plumb, it's standing on end, it is of course erect.