Friday, June 08, 2007

TOTAL CHAOS FOREVERMONTH: John Donne

This is, I suspect, my most beautiful drawing yet. Do you like th'Emperours stripey ermine? Do you like his anty lov'd snake, that dips a serpent tongue into the opening of an anthill? This evocative line was lewdly ripped from "The Calme"--I'll invert your fable, John Donne!

Irony: I thought that when I finally got a drawing tablet, I would spend less time on drawings; I would have more control over the pen, I reasoned, and wouldn't waste so much time erasing and redrafting. In fact, I take considerably longer now, because I have so many more brush options at my disposal. So, sorry about that, but aren't the results more awesome to the millionth power?

5 comments:

Ana Božičević said...

This is THE most beautiful drawing. Period. I aspire to model my id after yours.

Ana Božičević said...

Also, maybe you will send us some poems for RealPoetik? Write to me & I'll send details.

Patricia Lockwood said...

I was all set to respond wittily and thankfully, Ana, when I noticed the MINIATURE DOG you are giving suck to in that picture! He leaves me speechless, except to say I will email you soon.

SarahJane said...

that is a beautiful drawing.
that is the beautiful drawing.

Patricia Lockwood said...

*bows deeply enough to drink*

You are a beautiful drawing! I especially like the crosshatching in your hair.