Friday, June 22, 2007

A Parable

My apologies for the continuing dearth of drawings; I am working on such a truculent poem. It's like...do you remember that scene in A Little Princess where Shirley Temple is trying to button up her shoe with a button hook, except she can't because she's too rich and entitled? Her dimpled fat tomato face is all screwed up with the effort, and then she accidentally stabs her pudge with the thing, which serves her right. Additionally, God smacks her down for this and other pig-ignorances and brings death down on her father in the form of a Boer. Afterward she is forced not only to button her own shoes but also to button the shoes of others. I don't really know where I'm going with this, except to say that buttoning your shoes with a hook looks really difficult, but if you don't do it God will kill your dad. Kind of like poetry.

Speaking of tomato faces, did you know that when I was in high school, being a phenomenally poor student and entirely unable to concentrate on anything, I passed the time drawing pictures of a sexy character called The Tomato-Headed Seductress? I once drew her in lieu of an answer on a biology test and got partial credit. Anyway, I'm thinking I need to resurrect her for the purposes of this project. Think how sensuously she would interact with Babyfaced Dino, let alone with Breast Cob!

No comments: